Our experienced art staff can lay out your design from scratch or make improvements to increase visibility/effectiveness. Or, if you already have artwork you can send us the files for production. When sending electronic files please keep the following guidelines:
- Our art department uses Windows & Mac Versions. However, we should have no issues opening appropriate file types originally created on another operating system.
- Our primary design software is the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, In design & currently using CS6) We also have CorelDrawX4.
- Preferred file formats: EPS, AI, and PDF (vectorized). We also accept CDR X4 files.
- It’s important that your artwork be vector line art if possible (this is ideal for Logos, text or diagrams) to ensure clarity at large sizes. Resolution is irrelevant for these files as they can be reduced or enlarged to almost any size without losing print quality. These graphics will also be sharp, crisp images. Please note that just changing a file’s extension does not change the file format!
- Photos (Raster Graphics): A minimum resolution of 150 dpi (dots per inch) at 100% print size, or 200-300 dpi at 50% print size. Acceptable formats are: TIFF, PSD, JPEG, GIF. When enlarged, the pixel blocks become more visable causing fuzziness, blurriness or jagged edges.
- Internet images are optimized to be viewed on a computer screen and are not suitable for large format graphics.
- To avoid font problems, please convert all text to outlines before sending artwork. If you need help with this, just give us a call. We’re happy to help.
- We print 4 color process (CMYK). If you use Spot or Pantone colors, please have them converted to process colors (CMYK) prior to submitting your file.
- If you are needing a specific color, we can color match to a specific PMS (Pantone Matching System)